Imagen Update: June 2016
Media Player Improvements
- New customisable player for video and audio in desktop browsers, with a range of new features.
- Toggle between showing elapsed time (YouTube style) and professional timecode
- The volume setting is remembered per user and device.
The volume setting is remembered per user and device.
- Thumbnails when hovering over the seek-bar for browsing and quick seeking.
- Support for multi stream audio, with stream selection within the player, which is perfect for multi-lingual content.
- When playing audio media, we now show a waveform in the player.
- Keyboard shortcuts for fast-forward (x2 and x4 with audio, and x8 and x16 without audio), slow motion (x0.5, x0.25 and x0.125) and ‘rewind’.
- Time-based and spatial metadata.
- ‘fuzz’ parts of the image or video when renditions are created based on selection.
- Add 1400+ emojis to video timeline using short text codes. For example ‘:goal:’
- Add chapter annotations to break up long form audio and video files.
- Add ‘participant’ annotations to the timeline (such as a player on a team)
- Greater control when seeking through long form video content. Zoom in and review key moments in detail and create frame accurate clips at speed.
- The Media Logger tool generates consistent time-based metadata which can be used to index long form video. Once applied end-users are able to search for specific moments within long form content, such as a goal within a game of football.
- During playback, administrators or logging teams can click or tap away on a grid of customisable keywords, emojis, chapters, phrases and participants to generate rich, searchable metadata which will be displayed and synchronised alongside the video as annotations.
- Several improvements to the user interface for user-generated collections.
- When someone shares a collection with you they also appear on a new card within your account page.
- When adding an item to a collection you can also distinguish between collections that you made and collections that you have been invited to collaborate on.
Additional media list/grid
- A new list view shows alternative media for multiple objects within a single database record.
- Add a configurable form to enquire about rights or price for example.
- All themes reworked to ensure they are visually consistent and responsive
- New dark version of “Explore” and “Material” theme.
Remote Monitoring Dashboard - Prometheus
- Realtime monitoring and alerts on all client systems.
- ImagenWeb system status report
- Platform level health check which gives an overview of key services.