Managing and sharing over 20,000 hours of video content, globally.
BP, one of the world’s leading energy businesses, employs 75,000 people and is involved in every aspect of the global energy supply chain. In support of these global operations, BP’s Group Communications department generate vast amounts of video across the world. They produce the majority of content in-house, through their own team or via external agencies, creating films and other multimedia assets that help train staff and promote BP’s achievements to both internal and external audiences.
BP chose to implement Imagen, the advanced media management platform in order to address content management issues. The transition took just 11 weeks, which is remarkable considering the volume of content involved (100TB).
Implementing Imagen has immediately solved many of BP’s issues, including global accessibility thanks to the platform being cloud based. BP stakeholders, both internally and externally are now able to easily upload, access and download content from anywhere in the world at any time.
- Single Sign On authentication for BP staff
- Mixture of public facing and private content
- Content can be licensed to create extra revenue
- Dynamic, list or thumbnail grid view
- One point of access for staff worldwide
- Suggestions for recommended content
- Keyboard shortcuts for rapid video navigation
- Supporting content pages published via Imagen CMS
- Fully branded web interface
"We have road-tested with BP Australia and BP Angola so far, and both have been delighted at how brilliantly simple the system is."Manager of film & video, BP Internal Communications