A report by CASS Business School in association with Imagen.
Video is changing everything, including the way we do business. Is UK PLC ready for video? Find out with this groundbreaking study.
Download your copy of this exclusive landmark video usage survey for business and beyond here.
- How video is changing the way we communicate, work and play – what does this mean for society and commerce?
- The concerns of small and large businesses – how will they adapt to take advantage of video for communication and operations.
- The wave of new video technologies which are set to transform our lives. Is the infrastructure in place to enable this revolution?
- How video has democratised communication but is leaving a dangerous digital footprint – for individuals and businesses.
Are UK businesses ready for the golden age of video?
At the end of 2015 CEO and Founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg claimed that we are entering ‘the golden age of video’. Findings from a landmark piece of research by Professor Feng Li of Cass Business school in association with Imagen support this view, with clear indications that video will dominate internet usage in the years to come, with it increasingly being adopted not only by individuals, but importantly also by businesses. Topics addressed in the report include:
THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF VIDEO
- Archiving & Collection Management
- Business implications
THE CHANGING DIRECTIONS OF VIDEO
- On demand and non-linear, but linear programmed TV still dominates
- Social and participative
- Mobile and ubiquitous
- Interactive and personalised, but slow progress
- Virtual and immersive
BUSINESS USE OF VIDEO
- Marketing and communication
- Video-based operations and new business processes
- Managing appropriate use of video and video etiquette
- ‘Public witnessing’ and the changing notions of privacy and truth
- Rights Infringement and Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Corporate IT infrastructure
SURVEY OF BUSINESS USE OF VIDEO IN THE UK
- Importance of video
- Power of video
- Keeping up with competition
- Security concerns and experience
- Impact of security breachese
- Driving video usage by organisations
- What is holding back video usage
- The future